Yep! Did I just write peas?!! You bet! Peas are officially one of my most favorite foods right now and they are a great part of your dog's diet! So, why do I love these sweet little green round pebble balls? Let's take a look...
- Peas can be added right to your dog’s food, frozen or thawed. When I am making dinner for the crew, I line up the bowls and put in a little bit of their respective dry food (grain free preferred!), a good amount of frozen peas, maybe a sardine or two (great healthy oils), and a little warm water. Stir it up, and your dog will be so in love with their dinner!
- Peas are rock'n the nutritional content. They are a great source of Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Thiamin and Manganese. And, they are awesome in the protein department!
- They help keep our beloved companions healthy, lean, and fit! Need to lose a few lbs? Put in a good dose of peas with your pet's dry food for dinner. They will feel more satisfied and you will have reduced the overall calories and increased their nutritional content.
- Is your dog on an antidepressant medication? Consider increasing peas and adding in foods with higher b vitamins. Other foods high in b vitamins would include liver, salmon, tuna, eggs, potatoes, and squash just to name a few.
- Peas help boost your dog's immune system! Plus, they also help fight against free radical damage!
I know we all want our beloved dogs to have a long healthy life. So, be sure to pick up a bag or two the next time you are at the store. Your pet will thank you!
To your pet's health!
Jenn and Crew
P.S. I am usually shopping at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's so I generally purchase their respective brands.