DCDS Developer Experience team is seeking software engineers to help build the tools and platforms to make our greater org successful as we scale from a few hundred folks way up to the thousands. Do you desire to put your name on a program that will help revolutionize the pet care industry? Are you innovative, solution oriented, and adept in multiple technologies?
Our job is to remove friction and keep people productive. We help code flow all the way from concept work board to production scale, all while maintaining quality, test coverage, and coding standards. We’re building the foundation to create a highly cohesive development environment and we’re aimed at automating away manual tasks with push-button simplicity.
Along the way, we’ll set best practices and help architect better solutions, and we’re not afraid to get our hands dirty. We are creating the foundation and platform that will create the world’s greatest pet care platform.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
• Are you savvy at various languages? Can you debug while also helping to collaborate with a fellow engineer about your techniques? We work to elevate the whole org so patience is sometimes an important skill.
• We will be building shared libraries for development, tools to automate common tasks, and systems to on-board engineers smoothly. We enable the rest of the org to build their services quickly. Sound good?
• We evaluate new tech to keep abreast of improvements we can make. Do you like comparing and contrasting? We’re all about it. We can’t help if we don’t understand.
• Beyond being able to read documentation and use it to install a new app or set up a service, do you know how to write it such that a day-one new grad can use it without help? Do you care? We do.
• The rare opportunity to change the world such that everyone who has a pet or is in the pet business is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re helping real people and their pets and reinventing the care and operations potentially on a global level.
• Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun environment.
• Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
We plan on bringing this platform to every pet owner and pet business in the world. We need brains and passion to make it happen.